Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Staying Stoked

It can be tough to stay stoked during the ski season when it looks like you might need to go out and mow your lawn in early February, but the reality is the resort skiing is still really good.

When I look out my window I don't see snow, so it's easy to think of other things than skiing. Yet I can look out another window and see the mountain and that brings me back. At times it can feel like a tug of war of emotions. I then jump on Facebook and see photos of friends over in Europe or out west and see pics of epic powder days and I'm quickly reminded that we are still in the middle of ski season. What I know will happen is we will get our shot here in the east. It will come. We may have to wait until March, but it will arrive- so keep the stoke going. Get out and enjoy the resort skiing (it's really good the snowmaking and grooming crews have been doing their magic). Keep your skills and your legs ready for when the big storms hit. We may only end up with a couple weeks of backcountry skiing this year, but it will arrive and you just need to be ready.

Ok- so that was my pep talk for myself and now it's time to go take a few runs.

No comments: